Friday, November 6, 2009

Dive in and swim away from your loneliness and miserable days

When life seems amiss: lay in your car at night, windows down, watch the clouds go by (if it's cloudy), star gaze, feel the breeze touch your skin, play some tranquilizing music (usually something similar to The Postal Service, Imogen Heap/Frou Frou for me) and just observe the grandiose night sky. This is the best relaxation technique you can experience for free. Personally, this serves as a "breather" for my brain. It's a time when all my inner thoughts completely flood out revealing the source of my bleakness. I become a total recluse for the next hour or two and focus on ME -- something society has brainwashed us to presume is a sin. You're not selfish if you take time to focus on yourself; in order to sustain a healthy lifestyle, actually, you have to be a little egocentric at times. Being down in the dumps qualifies as a valid reason to shut the world off and focus on you.

There's something about this approach that is magical. I don't know if it's because I'm a big nature fan, but after doing this I feel completely refreshed; renewed. I tend to shed a few tears which fall down ever so peacefully and release every bit of anxiety and tension within me. The best part about this routine is how problems I'm currently facing surface. Including hidden issues affecting me which I wasn't aware of. But as I look up into the sky -- the same sky millions of other individuals are watching -- I realize that my problems seem so small compared to something so majestic (please don't twist my words, I'm not religious therefore I am not trying to imply a superior being is out there waiting to solve our problems). It's such a humbling experience to lay under something so impressive, and an even humbler experience to REALIZE it.

I did this tonight. Lately I've been afflicted by everything that comes my way. Usually the source of this affliction is rooted within one primal cause. Mine was school. Doesn't it seem like such a small issue compared to the problems earth itself is facing?

Kind of relevant with a BIG lean towards irrelevancy (but it's my blog so I do what I want ;p haha): Song I HATE: Kelly Clarkson -- My Life Would Suck Without You. No, it wouldn't. Why would anyone even want to spread a message like that? You shouldn't depend on anybody for YOUR happiness. At the end of the day, you're stuck with one person for the rest of your life. That person is you. Love others, yeah, but most importantly love yourself. Learn to make yourself happy :)

I guess that was the message. Make yourself happy. You are amazing because you have the ability to contribute yourself to this world. Chances are, your mind manipulates your issues making them seem unconquerable. But in one way or another, all issues are conquerable.

Love,
Ari Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment